Monday, March 5, 2012

My Old Window Frame


A while back, I remember someone posting using an old window like this one. She had a photo of her two girls, printed into a poster at Staples. Then she mounted it to the back of the window and hung it on her wall.

I guess I could have had a poster made at Staples, but it was Sunday and I really didn't want to leave the house. So I went to this site: Block Poster here


You will notice the places where I taped the pages together, 6 in all.



When I read the instructions the first time, I laid out regular sheets of 8.5 x 11 white paper onto my window frame. 6 sheets of paper, portrait orientation fit over it.

When I downloaded the PDF, i printed out the sheets and then taped them together.

My mistake: I should have made the block poster bigger so as to allow for a good fit.
When I placed it behind the window, the cow's head was covered by one of the pane frames. So when I do it again, I will know to make allowances.

And I will do it again and probably use card stock or cover stock for more durability.
Hope you have a fabulous week, friend! 

Linking up to these wonderful parties:
























Sunday's Best Linky Party!













Strictly Homemade TuesdayDelectableHome




made in a day












18 comments:

Richard Cottrell said...

my niece makes these and sell them. They are really cute. And what a fun and nice thing to do with old windows that would have ended up in the trash. Richard from my Old Historic House.

chateau chic said...

Great idea! I'm always drawn to projects using old architectural elements.
I'm your newest follower and would be delighted if you'd follow me back on GFC.
Mary Alice

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

What a fun program! Will have to check it out -- love your window picture!

hootnonny said...

So very cool Charlotte. You are just so creative these days!

Unknown said...

Love the "picture window"! I may just have to add one of those to my project list. Thanks for sharing!

KimMalk said...

What a fun Sunday afternoon project. Thanks for mentioning the website, Charlotte, I'll have to check it out.

Unknown said...

This is so fantastic! I absolutely love it! I have an old frame that I'll be painting this weekend-I love the look of them. I would love it if you linked this up to my weekly link party Tutorial Tuesday!

Kari
Newlyweds on a Budget

P.S. I'm your newest follower-I can't wait to see what other great stuff you come up with!

romance-of-roses said...

Charlotte, this is a great job, I love it. What a wonderful idea. Hugs...Lu

Suzan said...

Love the way you are using your old window!

Rebecca said...

It looks great! Wouldn't of known you had some glitches.
Thanks so much for stopping by
Blessings today
Rebecca

Sherry said...

I love the look of your old window. I found you on Made in a Day Blog Hop party & I’m now following. I would appreciate you doing the same. Thanks

LindyLouMac said...

A great way of using an old window.

cathy@my1929charmer said...

I love you old window, and love the scene behind it. So loves cows. Thanks for providing the site information. It's adorable.

cathy@my1929charmer said...

PS - following you on Linky, please follow back if you haven't already.

Tisha Clapp said...

How adorable is that - now you have your own farm! I love it!! Thanks for linking up @ the Delectable Home.

Kim~madeinaday said...

Love this pic! I am trying to figure out what to do with my old window. Thank you for joining my Blog Hop Social! I hope you come bya dn do it again tomorrow!
Kim@madeinaday
http://madeinaday.com

Herb Koguchi said...

I don't see any mistake in this work of art. =) Do you have more window artwork aside from this? An artistic piece like this will certainly make my bedroom more appealing. Maybe I should try making one, something inspiring and yet refreshing to the eyes.

Willene Fagen said...

Well, I just met someone who received a call from an old window store owner and told her to work for him. She was told that her job was to recycle some of his old window frames. What do you know, Charlotte? You might end up just like her, if some old window frame owner sees this blog post. :P Your window frame looks classy, by the way. :)