Thursday, May 19, 2011

Green, green everywhere but not a bloom in sight!


Now mind you, I am not really complaining. I love green. I started working on these photos from my yard
it dawned on me how different shades of green can be.

Like this bluish green succulent, so frosty and lush.



And how about this gardenia with its leathery dark green leaves. See that bud? I can't wait to smell these wonderful gardenia blooms. They are so fragrant with perfume. They were my favorite for prom corsages when I was younger.


And these heart shaped chartreuse green leaves. I don't know what this tree is but I love its color.


And how about this Sago Palm? Did you know that this is a kind of dinosaur plant? It is very resilient and is supposed to live for a long, long time. I have wanted one of these for a long time. I finally bought one.


Here is a sweet little plant that I left outside during a freeze. I thought it was dead but brought it inside during the winter just to see what would happen. Look at the cute little leaves poking out.

 My potato vines for Yukon Gold.  I like to grow them in a pot so that when I can harvest I don't have to dig, I just turn the pot over onto a tarp and pick up the potatoes.


Last but not least, here are my baby Ranunculus plants. I didn't think that they would come up from the corms(?) that I bought online, but finally they appeared. I can't wait to see them flower. I will post them then.

Thanks, friends, for stopping by! See you later. Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

hootnonny said...

What lovely plants, Charlotte. You are quite the "farmer." Do believe you would qualify for a government payout! My favorite color is green, too, with presidents on it! :)

Charlotte Wilson said...

Ha, Betty, you have not lost your sense of humor after incidents today! You are too funny!

Rosemary Aubut said...

Dear charlotte, I am now officially linked to your new site and I love the new look! Have a wonderful day and I can't wait to see more! rosemary

Gail Dixon said...

Wonderful collection of plants for your garden! The sago palms are prevalent in La. I love their tropical look. Didn't know it was a dinosaur plant. Hope you have an awesome weekend!

Charlotte Wilson said...

Thanks, dear friends!