Saturday, September 17, 2011

What happened to my "crab"?

This is Tammy's Photo of her "Crab" Cakes

Doesn't this just look luscious?! The photo is from my friend, Tammy's, blog:

BTW, she has some really cool macro shots. So be sure to visit her.

Anyway, back to the "crab" cakes. My husband and I went shopping for the ingredients two days ago. This morning, I decided to gather all the mixings and make these goodies for lunch. I got the sour cream, mayo, red pepper, scallion, celery, spices, bread crumbs, corn meal. But where is the Imitation crab???

I looked high and low. In the refrigerator inside and in the garage. In the freezer inside and out. But no crab! I called my husband and he said that he put it in the outside freezer. Well, he couldn't find it either.

Ooooooo......I hope it is not in my trunk. Yuk...if it is ...I wonder how I will ever get the smell out.

No,  not there either. Oh well, maybe it fell out of the bag from the store to the car.

No problem. I will just go and buy some more. And I did. Let me tell you, this is one really good recipe. She also includes a recipe for tartar sauce that is wonderful.

It made 7 "crab" cakes. We have leftovers for tomorrow. Not really low cal but such a treat!

Here is the exact post for the crab cakes:

 I am still wondering what happened to my "crab".

blessings to y'all!!

♥charlotte

3 comments:

hootnonny said...

Sound delicious Charlotte. Don't you just hate it when you get home w/o all the ingredients!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Oh no, I wonder where it went? I hope you find it before it starts to smell. I am glad you liked the recipe. Yep, not low fat but we have to blow it once in awhile.

I am still looking for a tool hubby told me was in the bag when he brought in all the supplies to rescreen the windows. Its not in the car and he swears it was in the bag when it pulled it out of the trunk. I have torn the garage apart thinking it fell out of the bag and slid under a shelving unit.

Hope your evening was good.

Gail Dixon said...

Oh, I hate when I get home from the store and find missing ingredients to a recipe. We had Target brand crab cakes last night and they were less than desirable. I usually enjoy Target's brand. Yours look amazing and love that dish! How perfect.