Hello Darlings! I hope that you are having such a fabulous day in this gorgeous weather.
I had so many blueberries that I decided to make some Blueberry tea bread, following ChezSpice's recipe on Allrecipes.com Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts-i omitted these since i didn't have any
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
|zesting lemons with a planer|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, juice and eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk. Fold in lemon zest, nuts, and blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Remove bread from pan and drizzle with glaze. Cool on a wire rack.
241 | Total Fat: 9.5g | Cholesterol: 50mg
|Extra good with a cuppa tea!|
Sadly, my daughter, Katie, got to the bread while it was cooling, taking off part of the top.
LOL So no photo of the whole bread.
Happy Spring, Y'all!
See ya' later! XXXXXOOOO
Linking up to these great parties: