Thursday, April 19, 2012

Beyond Layers Homework


My good friend Betty, purchased Kim Klassen's class, Beyond Layers, for me. I am thrilled and delighted to be in this year long course on learning how to better my photography.



 For the Coreopsis in the bottle, I used KK Evolve, with Vivid Light at 40%, then brushed texture off the flowers and bottle. Next layer, Evolve 2, Soft Light at 48% and brushed over the flowers and bottle.




 On the photo above, I used KK canvas love. Can't remember the blending mode. Will write it down next time. Then I used her Paper 4, set the blending mode to Soft Light at 24% opacity. Next layer, I added Paper 3, Soft Light at 48% opacity. On all three layers, I brushed off the textures at 86% opacity.



For this foxglove photo I started with KK texture, Awaken, blending mode was Screen at 35% opacity. Then brushed the petals with a soft black brush to remove the texture, 86% opacity. Next layer, I ran Awaken again, this time with Soft Light at 48% and brushed the texture off the flower. Last, I used KK Summer love in Overlay mode at 45% brushing off the flower again. Ended with a Coffee Shop vignette action.

May the peace, happiness and love of Jesus be with you today and always!


Linking up with Beyond Layers


beyondlayers
kimklassencafe

14 comments:

ju-north said...

You've got some lovely images there!

hootnonny said...

As always, your images are wonderful! Have edited several today but haven't settled on one to post.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos and superb editing!

Rosemary Aubut said...

Hi, I have not visited you in quite a while! You're blog looks amazing and I am very impressed! I miss my old blogging friends and wish to post more as soon as time permits! Love it all, great job!

Dianne Poinski said...

Love what you did with these images! You are going to have fun with "Beyond Layers"!

Red Rose Alley said...

I never get tired of looking at flower photos. Yours are lovely.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Pat said...

Lovely work!

Richard Cottrell said...

I have butter beans coming up. Can't wait . Richard from My Old Historic House.

Suzan said...

You are giving the classes - right??? You do beautiful work Charlotte. Love the Coreopsis in the little bottle.
Have fun!!

andy smylie said...

Great use of the textures. I especially lilt the last image with the "floating" text - nice touch.

Cheers
Andy s

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Beautiful images. I do not know how to do those things, but can do some simple ones now in picmonkey.com. I will have to learn some more techniques later.

Lisa Gordon said...

These are wonderful Charlotte!
I especially love the second one.
Beautiful simplicity.

Barbara said...

You've got just the right touch. Does this take very long? I'd love to learn all of this someday!

momto8 said...

your pictures are so beautiful!!! looking at the perfection in the flowers...how could anyone doubt?!