Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Macro shots

Delphinium

Hi there, friend! I hope you have been doing well!

The two big C's, Camera and Computer, have been neglected by me of late. Don't know why. I am happy, but wonder why I am not more consistent. Hmmmm....

Meyer lemon blossom, maybe 1 inch across.
Since talking with my friend, Tammy of Simple Southern Happiness
I decided that I needed to get back in the groove, so to speak. So I dusted off my 105mm Macro lens and took a walk around my yard.

Penta
I had forgotten how hard it is for me to focus manually. You really have to have a steady hand and I cheated by shooting shutter priority rather than my usual aperture priority. Setting the shutter at 1/500th of a second worked, I think.

Blue Daze, about  3/4 of an inch across. Kim Klassen texture.

I forget what this is called but it is pretty and delicate.


There are just tons of hydrangea blooms and I am loving to cut and bring them inside to enjoy! They are selling 4 stems for $9 at Costco!


Seriously, I can almost smell this gardenia....so sweet!


Another view of my Delphinium.


Don't you love the creamy blossoms?!

Thanks for looking, Sweetie! Have a wonderful week!


May the peace, love and happiness of the Lord, Jesus, be with you today and always!



16 comments:

Donna said...

Oh! These are ALL absolutely Gorgeous Charlotte!
The name of the flower is Verbena...it was my Mother's favorite.
The clarity on these shots is super.
hughugs

Lisa Gordon said...

Charlotte, these are absolutely gorgeous!
Sure glad you decided to get that lens out.

hootnonny said...

Nice work, Charlotte. These are beautiful!!!

Since flash freezes, wonder if using the smallest amount of flash would help w/the shakyness. Try it and let me know!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Charlotte, Very Well Done; fabulous photos.

Unknown said...

These photos are just gorgeous. I like taking pictures on the macro setting on my camera, but I have no macro lens. I would love it if you gave some photo pointers with these fabulous pics.
I like your new banner but each time I visit I miss seeing your sweet little Sophie. How is she?
Traci

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

What a delight to my eyes this AM to see that you did pull out the ole neglected camera and do some shooting. Its good for the Soul...

I dare say, you still go it gal, these shots are spectacular! I am lovin' them and especially the Penta and of course the Meyer lemon buds. Perfect shot!!!!

I hope you will get out with more camera more and keep delighting our eyes and soul with all of GOD's beauty. With all the turmoil in the world, we need a diversion and your blog is one Soul-stirring place to come too.

GOD keep you safe and healthy dear one.

Red Rose Alley said...

Charlotte,
Your photos of the flowers are just beautiful! I especially love the delicate purple ones. Purple is my favorite color, you know. I see that you enlarged the pictures on your blog. You can really see all the beauty you captured with your lens on this post.

I hope you are enjoying the spring days.

Love,
~Sheri

Anonymous said...

They are all stunning macros! I cut 3 gardenia blooms and put them in my office yesterday and now when I open the door to go downstairs to that level, the scent hits me immediately (and they are at the other end of the house!)

Red Rose Alley said...

Charlotte,
Just went to her blog - she takes some amazing pictures. I heard that the humminbgbird feeders really bring them around. I want to get one soon. Thanks for your visit today.

Love,
~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness Charlotte - I love your garden. sandie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Charlotte, wonderful to drop by for a visit this weekend and see these bountiful, beautiful blooms. I use the macro settings on my point and shoot digitals, but sometimes find half longing to get another DSLR especially when I look at your photos and Tammy's as well.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You are a master with a camera.
I love the rich vibrant colors.

Amazing.

Rosemary Aubut said...

Well Missy you certainly got back to your two c's in grand style! Looove them all but especially the delphinium.
Back to almost normal and glad to be back! Thanks for all your support during my recent journey!

Suzan said...

Finally catching up - It's a MUST!! We MUST meet at the botanical gardens!! Your shots are amazing!! First thing in the morning when they first open up! It hasn't been too bad lately! I want to see you two in action!!
Please - set the date!!

Barbara said...

These are gorgeous! Those little deep purple ones remind me of our prairie verbena.

Unknown said...

So blessed to find your blog Charlotte. You have a unique gift to tell a story with your photography. Think of you and Jim often. Can't wait to share your blog with Katie & Emily. Much love, Amy