Friday, May 27, 2011

A re-do and photo for Photo Feature Friday



A week ago I had an awesome photo shoot with a mother and her newborn baby boy. I say awesome because I just had the best time with everyone there.
I was anxious about it because I had no experience with photographing babies. And I have to admit, it was hard. Hard to find a good place with light. I finally had to use my on camera flash with a diffuser for many of the shots.
I edited some of the shots the next day and posted them here. But I was not totally happy with them.
Then I remembered Morgan Kervin's tutorial on using Rita's (Of CoffeeShopblog.com) Baby Powder Action. So I headed on over to Morgan's website and followed her lead. http://morgankervin.blogspot.com/2010/03/newborn-tutorial.html
Here is where you can get the free Baby Powder Action: http://www.thecoffeeshopblog.com/2009/11/coffeeshop-baby-powderroom-free-pspse.html

 Here are the re-edited photos:





My favorite


I just loved using Baby Powder from Rita's actions.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

Charlotte ♥

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte, I think you did beautifully...and isn't he the sweetest little baby? His face! Oh my I just want to kiss him. My favorite is the Cowboy Hat! I love all of them...Hope you have a nice Holiday Weekend!

Barbara said...

A friend of mine told me I should try photographing babies, but I had heard how hard it is!! Yours are great - what a sweetie!

Travel With Lulu said...

Priceless! - I especially love the cowboy hat one :) XOL

Gail Dixon said...

Charlotte, you did a beautiful job with this baby. Can I pick a favorite? It has to be the one of the mother holding the baby by the window. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Oh Charlotte, these are precious! Is there anything sweeter than a precious baby? Thank you for the info about the actions available at the Coffeeshop, I keep meaning to check out her blog more thoroughly. You can't beat free, can you?! Xo

deb duty said...

these are fabulous! my favorite is the one with his mom. I'm going to have to check out that action.

Nena3110 said...

Sweet baby!
I love babies, love children, they make our lifes happy!

Tricia said...

They look great! I like the one of the baby and the mother together. Thanks for sharing your post at Photo Feature Friday :)

~tricia