Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Painterly Effect


Hello Sweetie Pies!
Just a quick post to add my add my assignment for Kim Klassen's class, Beyond Layers. It is quite easy to be heavy handed when you first work with textures. Kim is teaching me to be more subtle. 

However, for this tutorial, she has us going for more of a painted canvas effect. So I was free to be more dramatic.


This was my edit before Kim's painterly effect.


This is after an edit according to Kim's tutorial.

So many different ways you can do this. It all lies in your imagination.

Have a fab weekend, my friends!


Linking to beyondlayers

10 comments:

Beverly said...

Oh I love the goats!!! What an excellent photo to add your painterly textures and adjustments to. Wonderful work.

Gail Dixon said...

Wow, you are really gaining a lot of knowledge from Kim's classes. Both are good though. I like the before and after! Keep up the great work!!

hootnonny said...

What a fun image to use for the lesson! You did a geat job...it is hard to be subtle, isn't it?! A whole lot easier to be dramatic. I worked along w/Kim on the lesson, but haven't done a pic yet.

Suzan said...

Love Momma Goats eyes!
I don't understand "layering"! Both photos are great!! Have a good week Charlotte!

Tricia said...

Oh, that looks wonderful! I feel I have the opposite problem when I use textures...that I need to be more heavy-handed. Hope you have a great week :)

Lisa Gordon said...

Love the way this turned out Charlotte.
Just the right touch!

Richard Cottrell said...

I wish I had some acres, as I have always wanted a goat. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Kristin_Texas said...

Ahh, I love your goats. How sweet are those photos!

And of course I love the little doggie in your header. Can you say "Adorable"?!

Kristin

Unknown said...

Cute goats!! I love the edited version, I'd hang it on my wall. :)

Unknown said...

I don't know, personally I think the grassy background is lovely:)