Monday, January 23, 2012

Graphic Fairy Tea Towels and chair re-do


Hi Everyone! And Happy Monday to you! I sure do hope you are getting off to a good start this week!

You may have read my previous post on my Citra Solve failure. I am not going to give up just yet, but in the meantime, I tried transfer paper. You know, the t-shirt kind, that you iron on? It worked great on these flour sack tea towels that I got from Target last week. And of course, I went to the Graphics Fairy for my image.





And I just finished painting one of 4 chairs that my friend, Donna, gave me a few years back, along with a round pedestal table. Stay tuned. I will be working to get the rest done soon.


I just love this color. Remember, I got it for $2.50 in the oops section at Lowe's?
 At the suggestion of one of my online buddies, I mixed baking soda into it, to create my kind of chalk paint. It worked for me, but I am surely not an expert in paint.


I purposely didn't fill in the carved decorations. I just think it adds to the "look".



The color is "Birds nest" by Valspar. I love it. It is sort of a greenish gray.



This is the before. Pretty chair, but I wanted to paint for a different look.


After


Thanks for visiting me! I will come see you soon!

Blessings!

♥Charlotte

Linking to these wonderful parties:
you are talking too much

The Graphics Fairy

11 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

Wow, wonderful work on this chair Charlotte. I love the color, and it is such a different look from where it started.
Love the towels too. Glad the transfer paper worked for you.

Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Creative Exchange this week.

Have a wonderful evening!

lisa.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Very nice. Thanks so much for linking up. This particular linky party is about some specific challenges on creativity that I gave readers. Would love to have you rejoin on Wednesday night for my Under $100 linky party.

Gail Dixon said...

I DO love that color! A huge improvement over the wood stain. Also good choice on leaving the carved areas alone. You are getting so good at this!

WhyCuzICan said...

Keep on trying with Citra Solv too, Charlotte. Any help I can be, you KNOW where to find me :)

Following your blog as I spotted this lovely chair- and it's wonderful!

Smiles, Suzanne at WhyCuzICan

hootnonny said...

What an improvement in the chair! Love the color. And you are quiet the artist with your Graphic Fairy images! Can't wait to see how the home transformation goes!

Richard Cottrell said...

You are becoming the paint Queen. Good job again. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Hmmm -- I like the before as well as the after!
(stopping by from Knick of Time Tuesday)

Privet and Holly said...

Funny, a high school
friend was in town last
week and she told me about
the Citra-Solve and the
GF tea towel project! We
are planning to do some
"Christmas in July" projects
when I visit her over the
summer and this one is at
the top of the list! I'm going
to send her a link to your
blog so she can read about
your experience....

Thanks for visiting and for
your kind words about Heather.

Happy Tuesday,
xx Suzanne

Sweepy said...

Woof!
Now it looks ready to sit on!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful!

Regards and best wishes

Esther Asbury said...

Love the tea towels and the chair! Both turned out so pretty!